Hero dog saves New York woman from house fire
An alert pit bull has saved the life of a woman unaware her house was engulfed in flames.
The woman then returned the favor – dashing back through the flames to recover the frantic animal.
The house on Long Island, New York, caught fire on Friday as the woman was upstairs, drying her hair in the bathroom.
The sound of the desperate dog – named Cain – broke through the noise of the hairdryer, causing her to check what was happening.
“I ran out of the house and my neighbors came running over, and then I thought about the dog,” Jackie Bonasera told inquisitr.com. “I’m like, He saved my life, I have to save his. So I just put my robe over my face and I ran back in and I grabbed the dog and then I stood out here and I watched my house burn.”
She said she would have been killed in the fire if she had not come downstairs when she did.
“They (pit bulls) have such bad reps, but he’s such a good boy,” Bonasera’s daughter, Alexus, added.
~ Courtesy of Herald Sun